I never thought much about a handyman before. My husband was quite handy and took care of everything. But, when my husband passed, there were so many things that needed to be done around the house, I wasn’t sure who to turn to. I didn’t want to bother my children or grandchildren. When speaking with a friend of mine who is also a widow, I found out that a handyman was what I needed – someone who could fix a multitude of things. The problem was, I didn’t want to trust just anyone with the work. I wanted to make sure whoever I chose for the work would do a good, quality job but also, being an elderly woman in the house alone, I was worried about being taken advantage of. It is a helpless feeling for your house to be falling apart, one thing at a time, with no one to call to make the home repairs. Based on my friend’s recommendation, I hired a handyman to install drywall, remodel the kitchen, and paint the interior walls. The price he quoted was more than wonderful. He fixed everything I asked him to and even threw in a few extra things for free. I now recommend him to all my friends who have things that need to be fixed but don’t have anyone to fix them. I ended up needing some things fixed outside of the house. I wasn’t sure if he could or would take care of those things so I decided to ask. I was happy to learn that he did both things inside and outside. He is actually very good at what he does. I am very pleased in all realms of the handiwork I have received.
Every couple years, we release a new training course to help a specific type of business make more money. This year, we released a training course to teach dentists about marketing themselves online. Now, most dentists do a pretty good job simply because they have a lot of money to spend on advertising. The first step is to build a dental website like www.albanydentures.com for example. Step two, the dental clinics list their businesses in common directories like Yellow Pages, Yelp, Bing.com, Super Pages, and City Search. This starts to generate some interest from local residents and may lead to some phone calls. But, that’s where the process usually ends, unless the dentists have help. Instead of paying a marketing company thousands of dollars per month to increase their traffic online, dentists can now turn to training courses. Our latest one is a complete, 6-week training course on lead generation. It covers everything in simple, easy-to-follow, over-the-shoulder videos, showing the dental professional what to do step by step to market their business online. Surprisingly, it doesn’t take much time to get results, once you’ve learned the steps. Anyone interested in learning about the course can email firstname.lastname@example.org and the details will be sent to you.
You have gained the expertise of a particular field and now you want to share it with the companies who need it and will pay you for it. Seems uncomplicated, right? Not quite. First, you need to stand out from the twenty or so other companies who are on the same industry as you. Then, on top of that, you need to find your prospective clients and you need to get connected with them. After all, these clients will not just come knocking at your door to immediately hire you, as good as it sounds. So how do you get the word out to your potential clients that you have this new service business? It’s simple: a strong marketing plan.
Before we start brainstorming for your marketing strategy, a good foundation must first be laid down. Make sure that you possess these essential elements for the success of your service business: the drive and passion to be the best service provider that you can be; the legitimate expertise in your field and such other qualifications; the confidence to network with other people; and a pretty solid idea of what you will be up to – what kind of service do you want to offer? Once these are established, you can get cracking on you marketing campaign.
There are several marketing strategies that a service business like yours can use to attract potential clients. One of them is the conventional but highly-effective brochure or portfolio. Your official brochure must communicate what your services are. It must also include all the information that the client may want to know and that will convince them to hire you – information such as your track record, past or current clients if there are any, reasons why it is best to work with you, and a brief background of yourself. For example, Banish Pest Control, a Beaverton exterminator, uses brochures regularly to showcase their different services. They offer solutions for rats, mice, ants, termites, and more, so they have a pamphlet to describe it all. Keep everything simple and easy to understand and make it professional. Once you are satisfied with it, send it to your prospective clients.
Another marketing method that works is cold calling. Use your previous connections to introduce yourself and your service business to potential clients. Compose a script and polish it to make it sound more natural or casual but professional. Keep it short and straight to the point. Remember, the goal of cold calling is to meet up with your client face-to-face and then use that opportunity to present your proposal. Do not overdo your cold calling and limit it to several times each month, otherwise your potential client will get annoyed.
Next is you advertise. This, however, will you cost a substantial amount of money, so get creative on how you do it. Social media is one of the most cost-efficient ways to advertise nowadays. You may start a blog and write about topics that are in line with your expertise or create a Facebook group or page. Creating a website for your service business may also serve as your brochure that you can easily send to your clients or to your email contacts. Another way to advertise is to have a memorable business card designed for you. That way, during networking events, yours will stand out and will be more difficult for your potential clients to misplace.
As a service provider, it is important to build your reputation as an expert in your industry. So do not hesitate to accept or to seek public speaking engagements as these can be the perfect opportunity to showcase your knowledge. Before you become a public speaker, make sure that you are good with engaging your audience and that you are able to answer their questions well.
Lastly, once you have already worked with several clients, ask them for any other companies who may be interested in buying your services or ask them to recommend you to other companies who are in need of an excellent consultant. Keep your connections and maintain good professional relationships with all your previous clients.
To summarize, here are the different marketing ideas you can use for your new service business: an informative and attractive brochure, calling your prospective clients, cost-efficient and effective advertising strategies, engaging in public speaking events, and asking for referrals from your connections and your previous clients.
Today, Co-op Curriculums brings you a special SEO training course for pool deck companies by Jacksonville Pool Decks.
Achieving the number one search result is difficult in the pool deck industry because of the level of competition. With numerous competitors for each product and service, going against the grain is the only way to succeed. Breaking into the top spots assures you increased traffic to your website, which often results in more sales and money. With that said, Jacksonville Pool Decks offers a new course with the below curriculum for your pool deck company to get more business. The course syllabus is below:
Class One – Keyword Research
Our introductory class on keyword research is important because it determines where you show up in the search results. In the pool deck industry, our master class will teach you how to identify profitable keywords by doing some basic research on the local market. It’s crucial for pool deck repair companies to focus on targeting keywords are specific or have intent to buy. Examples include any pool deck related phrases with addition of a city or the “near me” modifier. These generates increased visibility for customers that will act now. In contrast, showing up for general terms draws mostly useless traffic consisting of price shoppers that move from one contractor to the next asking for pool deck quotes.
Class Two – On Page Optimization
The second class focuses on your pool deck website with on-page optimization to clearly communicate the services your company offers. The course includes title and description writing for each page of the website, how to target concrete resurfacing work for one or multiple cities, how to use categories and tags to separate tutorials from service pages, what types of content to include on the homepage and service pages of the website, different methods of determining whether you can beat a competitor’s page or should switch keywords, and much more. The training also provides ways to track key metrics and analytical data to improve over time.
Class Three – Off Page Optimization
The third class offers advanced training about generating external website interest for pool deck work, including backlinking, directory listings, and press releases. Backlinking is a major portion of the class due to its importance and the heavy reliance required to succeed. It covers what types of articles attract the most attention, which companies to reach out to, and other methods of finding places to acquire relevant links from. Directory listings comes into play during the third week, when we discuss where to enter your business information online. The best business directories for pool deck contractors are Yelp, Yellow Pages, Super Pages, City Search, Bing, Google My Business, Kudzu, Yasabee, and so on. By increasing the count of completed listings, you improve your chances of appearing in the maps section of the organic search. Last, we train you on how to use press releases effectively to announce your newly offered services to the local, state, or national market.
This new course on SEO for pool deck companies is available now, exclusively through Jacksonville Pool Decks. If you’re a contractor or company looking to maximize your sales revenue in 2018, we highly recommend checking out this course.
Do you own online business? One of the biggest challenges faced by online marketers across the world is to market the respective products & services to the target audience towards maximizing the overall ROI. Especially if you are starting out on the online venture, it can be quite an overwhelming task to find out which marketing strategy will work the best for your business.
As there is a myriad of internet marketing strategies out there, here are some pro tips to achieve successful online marketing for your business:
- Know Your Business Niche: As the field of internet marketing appears big significantly, it is vital for you to understand what your audience is and what it exactly wants. Most of the companies conduct proper market & consumer research such that they are able to interpret the mindset, buying preferences, and patterns of the end customers. As an online business owner, you are required to target a specific niche or market and stick to customizing your internet marketing strategy accordingly.
- Create a Proper Internet Marketing Plan: A proper internet marketing plan can help in laying down all your important business-related decisions & activities at every stage of business operation. It will also help in developing & implementing sound strategies towards evaluating the outcomes of your business activities. The internet marketing plan that you devise must highlight all the major objectives & business goals. At the same time, it should also establish a proper milestone for the marketing activities that you conduct for your business.
- Know Your Competitors Well: The proliferation of online marketing advancement in the field of online businesses has led to the increase in competition amongst the online players. If you wish to grow in your business niche, it is imperative for you to know & analyze your competitors well. You must be aware of the potential strengths & weaknesses of your competitors in the given niche. This will help you in devising your marketing strategy accordingly that leverage the interests of the end users.
- Create a Professional, Optimized Website: To enhance your internet marketing efforts, you need a proper website that appears professional & highly optimized. It is your website that the customers are going to observe in the first place. Therefore, it must be attractive and user-friendly towards gaining the plentiful attention of the online users. If you wish to enhance the overall usefulness of your site, you must include sections like email, FAQs, chat support systems. This will help in imparting a highly professional look to your site.
Implement Effective SEM & SEO: Towards increasing the overall visibility of your site, you must implement SEM & SEO strategies effectively. You must make sure that you utilize the targeted keywords and enhance the rankings of your site on the online platforms. Consult professional services from some expert internet marketing agency to ensure the success of your online marketing strategies.
With its first-ever launch, the main purpose of the Internet was not advertising. It was only launched as a way to exchange important information and emails. However, it did not take too long for the marketers out there to understand the potential of the Internet towards becoming a major platform for Internet marketing. As such, soon enough, the marketers from across the corners of the world started utilizing the Internet as an effective medium of high-end online or digital marketing.
Once email was invented, it was primarily used by the leading universities & military organizations of the world. However, in 1979, CompuServe –the first-ever leading commercial online service in the United States started providing technical & email support to personal computers. Until the next two decades, emails were primarily used for exchanging information & transferring data. It was not until the early 90’s that business enterprises across the world started observing the marketing potential & benefits of the Internet.
The First-Ever Browser
During 1990, Tim Berners –Lee had invented the first-ever “web browser” referred to as “WorldWideWeb” which was later renamed as Nexus for avoiding confusion with the World Wide Web. The overall idea of the web browser did not gain much popularity. However, until the time of 1993 when the National Center for Supercomputing Applications, University of Illinois had released Mosaic –the graphical web browser that turned out very easy to use & install, the overall concept of the Internet started booming across the world.
While Business to Business (B2B) e-commerce was quite popular since the time of the 1970s, B2C (Business to Consumer) e-commerce was not highly popular until the time of 1991. This happened when the National Science Foundation (which is credited for developing the first Internet) uplifted the restrictions it has imposed on the overall commercial use of the Internet. As such, online shopping grew rapidly along the period of the next few years. As a result, in 1995, Amazon –the largest online retailer in the world, got introduced.
The Advent of the Search Engines
Even as the first-ever search engine had been technically developed in 1990 (referred to as Archie), it was not until the time of 1994 that the first-ever search engine, much like the modern-day search engine, had been invented. An organization referred to as “WebCrawler” is known for releasing the search engine that was responsible for indexing the headers & titles of a particular web page along with all the given content in the given web page. Later during that year, another search engine referred to as “Lycos” had been released that aimed at adding more features to WebCrawler. It achieved the same by ranking the given results on the basis of the overall relevancy.
After the invention of Google in 1996, the organization went forward with launching its specialized AdWords campaign during the year 2003. AdWords turned out to be the first system as launched by Google that was observed by the marketers across the world to be used for serving advertisements as per the requirements & preferences of the end users.
During the late 2000s, a leading IT giant named Apple was known for popularizing the advent of the mobile apps as well as the third-party software applications. This was made achievable with the help of the specialized “i” operating system by Apple. As a result of this invention, the consumers across the world were able to select the way they wanted the specific products or services.
The users also became selective with respect to the content they wished to consume. As such, businesses across the globe started taking advantage of this form of the Internet through the marketing of their specific products & services through the high-end mobile efforts. This became a widespread practice that is still active today amongst the modern-day users & business enterprises.
In the current scenario of digital or Internet marketing, the consumers expect a hassle-free seamless experience across all possible devices and channels. As such, if the marketers out there wish to create some sort of omni-channel experience for the end users, they are required to make use of highly adaptable, omni-channel high-tech strategies & technologies in the coming times. Through the examination of the trends today with respect to Internet marketing, we could piece together the great, exciting future for the Internet or digital marketing technology. Though we might not be aware of the future, we all still can hope for a promising era of top-class digital marketing.
Also referred to as the “Harappan Civilization”, the Indus Valley Civilization is one of the oldest human civilizations on this planet. Built across the banks of the Indus River in Asia, this age-old civilization rose up to become the most famous, historic human civilization out there. besides Egyptian and Mesopotamian Civilizations, the Indus Valley Civilization is the most researched and studied civilization in the world.
If you have a keen interest in history, then you can read about some of the interesting facts & information about the Indus Valley Civilization. Here are some of them:
- The ancient civilization of the Indus Valley belonged to the era of the bronze age. Existing about 1000 years ago, the Indus Valley Civilization ran from about 2500 BC to 1500 BC.
- The Indus Valley Civilization was very vast. It spread across a sprawling area of around 1,260,000 square kilometers. The borders of the civilization extended from the Makran coast in Balochistan towards the western region to the Ghaggar-Hakra River beds towards the east; from Daimabad in Maharashtra towards the south to Afghanistan in North-eastern provinces. Amongst all other civilizations, it is one of the largest ancient civilization.
- The people who lived during the time of the Indus Valley Civilization have been known to possess excellent engineering skills. For instance, the people back then discovered lead, tin, copper, and various other such metals & materials. The town planning skills of the people back then was also exceptional and mind-blowing. By utilizing bricks to the construct the buildings, the natives of the given civilization also implemented excellent drainage system in houses and other buildings.
- The towns belonging to the Indus Valley Civilization had been divided into two separate zones –the upper part known as the “Citadel” and the lower part. The upper part of the towns consisted of an artificial platform and was enclosed by walls, religious & public buildings, and granaries. The lower part of the towns in the civilization had the local people living in it.
- A Great Bath structure has also been discovered in Mohenjodaro. It has been considered to be one of the earliest public water tanks that had been constructed during the ancient times. Owing to its big size, it is believed that the Great Bath was used for religious or ritual bathing.
- The major profession of the people living in the Indus Valley Civilization was farming and trading. In addition to rice, peas, barley, and wheat, the people here also cultivated dates and cotton in huge quantities. They were amongst the first human civilizations to produce cotton. Huge granaries were utilized for storing grains in the towns.
- Other additional professions including bangle-making, flint tool work, pottery and several others were also practiced by people here.
- Through several depictions, it has been revealed that people of those times worshipped birds and animals of different forms.
- There are several theories with respect to the destruction of this grand civilization. Some historians claim floods, a major drought, drying up of the river, and deforestation to be some of the major reasons behind the end of this great human civilization.
Alexander the third of Macedonian ruled in the period of 332 BC. History prominently knows him as the great Alexander. He conquered the then province of Egypt in the autumn of 332 BC. The Egyptians had started rebelling against the Persian rule, and they needed a change in governance. They felt a need for a saviour and a liberator. Then was the right time for Alexander to take over and lay strong and lasting foundations for the people. Alexander marched south into Egypt after the conquer of Persia’s naval base along the coastal line. He stayed in Egypt for six months.
Alexander was determined to have a robust coastal base as it would guarantee a long-term military advantage and for also commercial purposes. He needed that which he could communicate across the Mediterranean not forgetting the highly profitable trade network he wanted to alter route from the Phoenicia. Late October 332 BC, his Macedonian army travelled the precarious 130 miles in seven days to arrive at the coastal town of Pelusium. They were aided by additional troops who followed his progress cautiously to the coast.
His reputation got the attention of Mazaces Egypt’s Persian governor who came to him with no armed forces and with no support following the defeat of Darius. Darius had promptly departed back to Persia. He brought with him treasury’s 800 talents and all the royal furniture. In reciprocation, Mazaces was kept on as part of the new administration together with new governor Cleomenes.
The journey to Memphis (traditional capital city of Egypt province) commenced after garrisons were installed at the major points of Pelusium. Alexander then commanded his navy force to sail south up the Nile to Memphis at the crest of the delta. He strategised to reach there by land at the head of the navy. By passing by Heliopolis (ancient religious site) also known as Lulu with its huge obelisks and white temples portrayed a high profile of the twenty-four (24) year old leader and his troops.
Alexander rose at the time when the Persian king had greatly angered the Egyptians. The vast exploitation of the grain stores and the tax imposed on them led to more rebellion. He easily won the hearts of many and garnered double grown of the two lands; 14th November 332 BC he was anointed pharaoh in the traditional capital city and being named as the son of the gods by the high priest. The naming was a tradition dating back to 3000 years.
He left Memphis in January 331 BC and sailed down the western branch of Nile to check on the Greek trading colony of Naucratis. By April 331 BC, Alexander had done exemplarily recommendable work. He then left Egypt a changed person during the same period of spring. Although he did not return to Egypt to see his great foundation, he was brought back ten (10) years later for the burial of his mummified body.
For us, Egyptian history is like a fairy tale full of mystery and fantasy. Antique Egyptian goddesses and gods signified natural and supernatural aspects of the Egyptians and they were vital in their lives. Ancient Egyptians were some of the most religious individuals on Earth and they believe strongly in supernatural presences.
If you want to know more about this unique culture, keep reading the following facts that you possibly didn’t know:
- The ancient Egyptians believe in more than 2000 deities and the majority of them could take the form of animals. The same animal was a different deity depending on the temple, and area.
- The gods were represented with a human silhouette and an animal head. On the other hand, animal bodies with a human head were symbols of kings.
- Most known and important Egyptian gods and goddesses are Isis, Sobek, Ra, Horus, Osiris, Seth, Anubis, Kheper, Thoth, and Bastet.
- Ra was the most outstanding God to the people; he was the son of God and he was the ultimate ruler of all Gods. They believe he created all forms of life.
- Sobek was one of the longest and also, most important gods of the Egyptian culture. He was the guardian of waterways and he ate flesh like a crocodile.
- Nowadays we have different forms of Christianity like Methodism, Catholicism, etc. Ancient Egyptians also had diverse schools of religions where they could express different forms of thoughts.
- Demons also played a relevant role in Ancient Egyptians beliefs. Even though they were less influential than the gods with smaller powers, they were immortal and they could be in multiples places.
- The goddess of love, beauty, and magic was Isis. She was one of the greatest goddess daughters of Earth God and Sky Goddess.
- It could be difficult to recognize the sex of the Gods on the paintings that the culture did to express their beliefs. Here you have a trick to know: male gods had brown skin while female goddess has a yellow one.
- The busiest god wasn’t one of the most known. Bes, the god of babies, household, nightmare, and mothers, was the hardest worker of all the gods.
- You may notice in different Egyptians movies that the scarab is commonly shown. This insect represented protection and resurrection. The people used to wear amulets for its safety.
- Pharaohs were very important for the ancient Egyptian culture. They were in the middle of the people and Gods. The role of the pharaohs was to maintain the balance keeping a great relationship with the deities. When a pharaoh died could become a depending on the weight of his heart.
- The goddess Bastet had a big significance for the culture. She has a woman’s body with a cat’s head and her followers revered cats deeply that they eve mummified the felines.
- No one could enter at the temples, only priestesses, priests and some members of Pharaoh’s family were allowed.
So incredible right? There are so many things about our past that we ignore. So many rich histories, and cultures that we have no idea. Would you have liked to live in the era of ancient Egyp?
In commemoration of the International Women’s day, we’ll talk about an outstanding woman who fought endlessly during the Hundred Years War: Joan of Arc. Nicknamed as “The Maid of Orléans,” this lady was born in 1412 in Domrémy, France. Her parents were poor farmers named, Jacques d’ Arc and his spouse, Isabelle. A national heroine in her country, at the young age of 18, she led the army to victory.
By the time Joan of Arc came to the world, the situation in France was very complicated. The country was involved in a long war with England. As we mentioned before, this war was known as The Hundred Years War, and the dispute focused on who would be the heir to the throne of France. At an early age, Joan of Arc will develop an interest in the situation in her country that will lead her to fight for the causes she believes fair.
Although we know her as Joan of Arc, she called herself Jehanne la Pucelle or Joan the Maid. “Pucelle” means maid and as well implies she was a virgin woman; a fact that was very important for the society since they treasured more the female virginity than marriage. Her military career didn’t last long, just one year from 1429 to 1430 when she was sadly captured by troops that were loyal to John of Luxembourg. Therefore, she was delivered to forces loyal to English, King Henry VI. She was condemned and burned at stake in 1931.
When Joan was captured by the English troops, she was locked in a castle until the day of trial. One day, she became so frantic that she decided to jump off the castle. Maybe she was trying to do a suicide attempt, or she just wanted to scape. Unfortunately, they recaptured her, and she had to face her inevitable fate.
Joan didn’t engage in combat; on the contrary, her role was more strategic. She was the military that rallied the troops and helps them with the premeditated plan to pursue next. Joan’s weapon was her banner, and she carried throughout the battle instead of any weapon. In fact, you may find a famous quote of her saying: “I love my banner forty times better than my sword. And when I went against my enemy, I carried my banner myself, lest I kill any. I have never killed a man.”
Even after her death, controversies concerning her life remain dormant to the present days, questioning if she was really a woman or even if she was killed or remain alive until the age of 57. There are countless of theories of her life and nothing is entirely sure about her journey, the truth is, she has endured in the hearts of the French people, and they celebrated as a hero. And of course, worldwide, she is an icon of the history that helped to shape an entire nation.